The February Monthly Initiative focused on Student Services at Northeastern, specifically Housing, the RedEye service, and UHCS Mental Health resources.
Below are the takeaways from this initiative:
- Students would like to have more information regarding future dorm placements, either through dorm tours, pictures, or more detailed floor plans
- More transparency regarding the Housing Lottery system
- Keep increasing awareness of Gender Neutral Housing options
- Reconsider on-campus housing requirement for Second Year students
- Very few undergrad students use the RedEye service, mostly because they don't need it, but some because they aren't aware
- Many students unaware of the new TransLoc app, and of RedEye service overall
Mental Health Care:
- Clinicians are generally friendly
- Delay in scheduling can be a serious concern
- Referral quality needs improvement
- Group therapy sessions are not commonly used, many students unaware of resource
- General satisfaction with mental health resources is poor
Check out our updates here, or look below!